- Created on Saturday, 26 May 2012 11:23
- Published on Saturday, 26 May 2012 11:23
For the Only-begotten, being in the form of God the Father, and in equality with the Spirit, counted it not a prize to be on an equality with God, and through His love towards us emptied Himself of His glory,
- Created on Friday, 25 May 2012 18:40
- Published on Friday, 25 May 2012 18:40
Pope Youannis 19, the 113th Patriarch of Alexandria became a monk on the third of Kiahk, 1592 A.M. (1876 A.D.) He was ordained Metropolitan of El-Biheirah on the twelfth of Baramhat, 1603 A.M. (1887 A.D.) He remained for 42 years as metropolitan, which were full of splendid works.
- Created on Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:38
- Published on Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:38
For heaven was then utterly inaccessible to mortal man, and no flesh as yet had ever trodden that pure and all-holy realm of the angels; but Christ was the first Who consecrated for us the means of access to Himself, and granted to flesh a way of entrance into heaven; presenting Himself as an offering to God the Father, as it were the firstfruits of them that are asleep and are lying in the tomb, and the first of mankind that ever appeared in heaven.
- Created on Monday, 21 May 2012 22:12
- Published on Monday, 21 May 2012 22:12
Introduction: Pope Macarius III , 114th Patriarch of Alexandria was born on February 18th, 1872 A.D. He became a monk in 1895 A.D. He was ordained a metropolitan for Assiut on July 11th, 1897 A.D. He was ordained Patriarch for the See of St. Mark on Sunday, February 19th, 1944 A.D, against the canons of the Church.
Confusion of Abba Macarius after his ascension to the Patriarchal throne
- Created on Monday, 14 May 2012 17:23
- Published on Monday, 14 May 2012 17:23
DEATH OF ABBA ISAIAH, BISHOP OF PHILAE
Now the blessed Isaiah was a good and benevolent man, and greatly loved ... now when he had completed his life, he went to his rest.
- Created on Tuesday, 27 October 2009 20:00
- Published on Sunday, 27 May 2012 19:11
The Egyptian poet Ali Slama wrote this sarcastic poem (in Arabic) lamenting the widespread corruption and lack of morals rampant in Egypt today. I translated it for those who do not know Arabic. For those who know Arabic, I have attached the original.
- Created on Tuesday, 09 June 2009 20:00
- Published on Sunday, 27 May 2012 19:08
This is a nice book about the Coptic Church written by an Englishman. Chapter VI is about Abba Abraam bishop of Fayum (Feast day is today)
Modern sons of the Pharaohs [Electronic Edition]